Thursday, September 19, 2013

Winter ENSO Outlook


Taking a quick look at the El Nino Southern Oscillation outlook for the winter season and it seems like we will have a weak to moderate El Nino in the Pacific which typically means increased precipitation for the region. Yet another signal that's making me very concerned for this winter.
Last year I forecasted an average winter season in respect to snowfall and temperatures and it came out to be a decent prediction. There have been years where I was wrong, last season was not one of them and I like to believe that I'm gaining more knowledge with the years. At this point the winter season looks to be below average temperature wise and above average snowfall. Of course I have a lot more work to do before I can say anymore.

Get those shovels ready...

No comments: