Sunday, March 30, 2008

North East Storms Conference

Between March 14th-16th 2008 twelve of the meteorology students ranging from their first year up to senior year went up to Springfield Massachuetts for the 33rd annual North East Storms Conference. The point of the conference is to see presentations, meet others in the major, check out posters, and learn a thing or two, but I found out something else as well. It's also about getting to spend time with friends that share commons interests that you have and getting to know each other better. All my other friends don't care to hear about snowstorms, the NAO, global warming, GFS and NAM models, la nina, solar irradiance, or anything that I have a strong interest in. It's fun be able to have a 2 way, 3 way, 4 way, or 5 way conversation about the weather or the climate with people who can understand what you are telling them and they can respond back with their own ideas. Just to think that this time last year I didn't know any of my friends that I have now and I wonder how I kept my sanity without having a weather or climate related conversation. While we were up in Springfield sitting down eating dinner we were all talking, laughing, arguing, making fun of each other, wanting more butter, and it felt just like a family. We will all remember the trip for a long time to come and wish that we could go back in time and expierence it all over again.

Check out the story clip about our trip, it's a comedy so be prepared to laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I like your youtube video, and your blog is nice there's a link to yours on the weatherclub blog! Keep up the good work!

-Tasha

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh! Glad everyone had a good time and got so much out of the experience. Let's start planning early for NWA in Kentucky this October.

-drcroft