Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm back

Sorry for the lack of blog posting as of lately. Usually I update everyday or every other day with the very latest but I have just not had the time with all this work building up before the end of the year.

Well one thing seems for sure about this storm system coming up the coast as I write this. The models busted, all models except the European which has been doing fantastic this year. Some colder air will come down into our area later tonight changing the rain to freezing rain, then to sleet, and then to snow mainly across the highest elevations. Don't expect much in the way of accumulation though, it seems as if this pattern we are in has both cold and storms but they do not coexist at the same time and place. This may be a view of what is to come until the pattern shifts in January.

I'll update later tonight with model runs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

know, im sitting here right now at 7:47 watching it pour. its been pouring for 2 days now. Creek is closed today. i hope it doesnt affect the opening saturday. I live by sussex airport and im predicting were going to get about a half an inch. Its never going to stick. I was so happy when i read your first report that had 6- 12. But oh well. hopefully the season gets colder with a lot of snow. Saturday its suppsoed to be 50 degrees :/. Hey but great accuracy and replies. try to reply and pput predictions out everyday! :) thanks. im so into weather during winter. Im a student as sussex middle school in 8th grade!

Darren Milliron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darren Milliron said...

Yeah I realize I have been slacking on the blog as of late, but I too am also a student at Kean University. The end of the semester work is starting to pile up! But Ill try my best.

As for the ice, I actually went up to High Point today and about a half inch fell in the higher elevations. It was amazing!

And tht 6-12 inches is what our governments model was predicting just days ago! The only thing is I think the United States fell behind in technology because the European, Canadian, Japanese, and UKMET models were showing rain!

But I am glad that Decemeber isn't as cold as previously thought. That would have used up our cold air supply for the really good months like January and February! Winter hasn't even started yet, so we have plenty of time!

Anonymous said...

Hey I appreciate you replying. I give you 100% credit for doing this and completing college at the same time! And yes I agree, winter didnt even start yet, and we have feb and Jan. Hey, did you know vernon schools had off yesterday?

Darren Milliron said...

I did not know that. But I can see why. Vernon had a very bad ice storm, that's why Creek was closed. I would rather have all rain than ice. Freezing rain is the WORST!!!