Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quick Update

After looking at the models nothing seems to have changed since Friday! Consistency tells me that the models are most likely being accurate. Ill take you through the the weather for the next two weeks:

1. The start of the new week will bring more warmth and rain

2. The mid-week to end of the week will bring seasonable conditions with very little snowmaking opportunities. Some rain and higher elevation wintry precip is possible, although nothing to get exited so by any means.

3. Around the 20th a storm will come up the coast and could be very impressive. The only problem is the cold air is lagging behind the storm and may be mostly a rain event with snow showers on the back side.

4. After that storm moves through cold air will be put in place for the Christmas break allowing for much needed snowmaking for the resorts. Maybe we could get some snow out of that cold but considering this pattern we may have to wait till January...

This week is going to be a difficult one for me to do updates, but if the long range changes I will let you know ASAP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening. First I would like to thank you for carrieng on this sight. It is very helpful to me and many others. I've been watching the weather closely (im huge into weather in the winter and im only 14) They are saying 1-3 for tommorow (tuesday) tommorow night and wednsday. they are sayign 1-3 and additional Icing. I was at mountain creek yesterday (sunday) and at the top of the mountain (100ft) they still had about a half of inch on the trees. South was closed half way through the day due to severe icing. Well i would like to know your forcats or your opinion of this storm! THANKS ALOT I APPRECIATE IT! ;)

Darren Milliron said...

My personal opinion would be that the higher elevations get their inch or two of snow, sleet, and freezing rain and some rain.

Man, you would have loved the winter of 95-96. That winter is what made me interesting in weather when I was in second grade! The 39 inches of snow in one storm was amazing and no school for 3 days!

Anonymous said...

Yeah....I've heard many stories of those blizzards from my parents. They said they snowmobiled on the roads all over it was so bad. that was when i was born... so hopefully i get to expierence that somewhere along the way. Thanks for replying~ Hoping for the best!

Darren Milliron said...

No problem! And I just checked some up the updates and things are looking more favorable for some snows...

Tomorrow is going to be interesting to see what happens.