Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm back, and so is the cold

For one I would like apologize for my absence this past week. I have been overloaded with work and never got the chance to update. Unfortunately I have limited time today so things will be short.

For one, our storm Sunday was mostly rain with a high temperature of 34! That's a close call and I must say, I didn't see that coming. Interestingly enough that storm tracked way out to our west and brought up more mild air (though still below average) for early week but the cold air is building across the north and will come through this weekend. This will allow snowmakers to go on full blast adding to the snow made back in November and this will allow for the resorts in our area, including Mountain Creek to open for the second week in December.

Snow:
Besides frontal systems, some lake effect, and clipper systems (which will dominate this month) I don't yet see any potential threat for major snow. Most of our snow comes from coastal storms or "Nor'easters" but the cold will over our region will make any system go off to our south. We need slight break from the cold this month to get a big storm, I do believe December will still be cold and stormy, but will it be snowy?

I will update later tonight or tomorrow if I get a chance! Feel free to comment the blog or email for any questions. Later!

No comments: