Monday, February 23, 2009

Boring....

Well I certainly enjoyed my weekend up at Killington Vermont. I was going to go to Whiteface NY originally but changed my mind while I was driving on the thruway, talk about a last minute......

Anyway I enjoyed my several FEET of fresh powder up there in Killington and now back to reality here in Jersey. Here is the reality: "I don't see anything at all in our near future that will be a major/minor snow accumulation", it's not that it has been too warm, but it's just been very dry. The short range is really not looking good with average temperatures, meaning slightly above freezing during the day and cold nights, which is the worst possible thing for those of us who want nice soft snow. It will be ICE at the NJ ski resorts for some time into the future, at least until March?

The good thing about March is that the temperatures rise up enough so that the snow base can soften up and provide some great spring conditions and the potential is around for some of the strongest and most wild storms ever seen off the east coast (IE March Super Storm 1993), or we could get nothing at all (IE Last March). As of right now I have not gotten a chance to look into the long range, I can't tonight because House is on (Channel 5 at 8:00 btw), so tomorrow evening I will post a long range forecast...

No comments: