Friday, January 11, 2008

Monday's snow event

After looking at the models I think I can say how much snow will fall. The GFS brings the storm closer to the coast and gives us a nice 4-8 inches of the white stuff with less to our west and less to our east putting us in the hot spot. Looking at the NAM model it shows a 1-3 inches snow event for us and 3-6 inches closer towards the city and up to 10 inches in southeast New England. The DGEX which has run out of it forecast range had a nice snowstorm yesterday with the area getting 2-5 inches of the white gold. The Euro shows the same as the GFS and the canadian model is showing a similar solution to the NAM. The JMA shows a storm off the coast as well but nothing that we will benefit from. I really think the storm is going to track farther to the east and give us 1-3 inches of light snow, thats our luck anway. If by some weird turn of event the storm does what I want we can expect a nice 3-7 inches of snow. The range is 1-7 inches of snow, just playing it safe. I will let you know my final thoughts tomorrow after the 12UTC runs come out.

No comments: