Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rough week ahead

Yesterday I said that by sometime today I will know exactly what's going to happen with the storms (more than one) this coming week. I lied. The models are still all over the place, and it doesn't look right to me. First off we will start off as snow, then as warmer air invades the upper air it will change to sleet and even some freezing rain in southern portions of the area. It will be a very active week, but does not look like it will bring any big snow totals to the area.

Now on Friday the storm will basically get swallowed up into New England, and they will be measuring the snow there in feet. Which is exactly why I will be going to Killington Vermont this coming weekend. The only thing is, all we need is a small shift in the storm track and things can play out much different.

I can't say with certainty or with high confidence what's going to happen just yet. It's a complicated pattern and one that will be interesting to see the outcome. Check back tomorrow.

No comments: