Monday, January 31, 2011

Messy Week Ahead...

I'm not home today so I won't be able to post a snow map but I can give you the national weather service forecast map which I agree with (for the most part).





















Not a bad little chunk of snow. Looking at the soundings for areas of NW Jersey it looks like the precipitation will remain mostly snow for late tonight (after mid-night) into Tuesday. Wednesday is a tricky forecast because we could start off as snow, then sleet, then HEAVY snow, then back to mix, and then back to snow to end. The reason for the heavy snow is because the precipitation may come down so hard that brings down colder air from higher up to weaking the strong inversion of warm air aloft. The warm inversion higher up is why we will see the mixing going on even though the surface temperatures are well below freezing.

Tomorrow I will post another blog with a better idea behind Wednesday's situation and a snowmap for that event. Also I'll look at the possible coastal storm for Friday night into Saturday. Yeah, another one...

No comments: