Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Snow Storm January 22nd to 23rd


Yes, I know. I've been slacking off here on the blog. This winter has essentially been nonexistent until just recently, so I have finally come out of hiding. I'm sure you have heard A LOT of hype about a major snowstorm heading in our direction and I've issued my first map of the season!

First off the models have trended the storm south with previous runs along with their ensemble members. Ever since this system showed up on the maps I knew this would be the end result which is why I haven't even bothered posting about it. The high pressure to the north is just way to strong to allow the crippling snow fall to make it further north than Trenton. 

Better data will be coming in after mid night and my map will change, but as of now I don't think it will change much. A shift in the storm just 10 or 20 miles could mean doubling the numbers, or cutting them in half. I'm going to make another post tomorrow night with the last round of data and finalize my snow map. For now this is how I see it...


No comments: